Tip of the Week: Optimize Energy Storage
Use these tips to improve your summer energy costs within your Data Center during the final months of summer.
- Review your Building Automation System (BAS) settings.
- Analyze your utility rate and ice tank scheduling.
- Calibrate your sensors.
- Inspect your ice tanks.
- Make sure your air cooled chiller condenser coils are clean.
- For water-cooled chiller plants, clean the cooling tower. Dirty cooling towers are another source of inefficiency – these need to be cleaned every year.
- Inspect your pumps and change your air handler filters.
- If your system uses glycol, take a sample and send it to the manufacturer for analysis.