Case Study: District Photo Data Center Project
DCS Data Centers assisted District Photo with capacity issues by providing long-term solutions. District Photo had several single points of failure that could cause extended outages to the data center.
The client requested the services of DCS to provide:
- Provide full onsite Project Management services.
- Create a complete project implementation plan defining both team and individual responsibilities
- Monitor and evaluate key individual and subcontractor performance
- Conduct frequent reviews and coordination progress review meetings
- Assure that scheduled milestones were met
- Assure compliance with the technical requirements agreed upon at the design stage
UPS and Power Distribution Equipment
- Provide a detail schedule of events plan and manage accordingly.
- Purchase, coordinate, receive, rig, set and connect new equipment.
- Modify the Access Raised Flooring as required to accommodate new CRAC`s.
- Relocate existing wall mounted electric panel`s to the most logical nearby locations.
- Provide all necessary refrigerant, water and condensate piping to permit normal operation of new CRAC equipment. Condenser`s will be roof mounted located above the server room.
- Provide all necessary pipe and electrical routes to the roof for CRAC condenser`s.
- Condenser`s will be placed on code compliant bases.
- Install all electrical input feeders to the new UPS.
- Create a new secondary power distribution system from the UPS for the critical load.
- Install power distribution downstream of the PDU.
- Post completion, return the data center to its original condition.
- All work was performed during normal working hours while not causing disruption to the 7×24 operation of the existing data center.
Extended Warranty and Preventive Maintenance Service
- DCS provided post completion maintenance services for all of the new Data Center air conditioning equipment. With high level quick response times in the event of a failure.